With almost 20 years experience in all facets of business law and operations, we focus on legal needs of businesses and business people. We can assist in the formation of your business and the preparation and filing of necessary documents, as well as in the negotiation and preparation of contracts of all kinds, including commercial leases, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and purchase/sale agreements.
Are you starting a new business? There are risks and liabilities associated with any business, and one of the best ways to protect your personal assets is forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC) for your business. We can form your corporation or LLC, as well as explain the differences between them as they relate to your situation. Formations are typically filed in Texas, but the firm also has experience working with Delaware-based entities and other out of state filings.
We offer the following packages for new businesses:
Incorporation, Organization, and Qualification: $490 + State Filing Fee
- Preliminary name check
- Preparation and filing of Certificate of Formation with the Texas Secretary of State (SOS) (the Texas SOS charges $308.10 to e-file a Certificate of Formation)
- Preparation of Bylaws or Company Agreement
- Preparation of Organizational Consent regarding organization and corporate governance matters
- Preparation and filing of Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number
- Preparation and filing of qualification to do business as a foreign corporation in the state in which the company is located (if applicable)
Employment and Consulting Matters: $490
- Preparation of form of At-Will Employment Offer Letter
- Preparation of form of Employment Agreement
- Preparation of form of Independent Contractor Agreement
Intellectual Property Matters: $490
- Preparation of form of Unilateral (One Way) Nondisclosure Agreement
- Preparation of form of Mutual (Two Way) Nondisclosure Agreement
Disclaimer: All prices listed on this website are subject to change at any time and without notice. The actual price you will pay for our legal services with be quoted in a signed engagement letter. None of the prices listed are actual offers to perform legal services. The prices are listed on the website to help you gauge what would be the likely cost of our legal services. All prices assume there are no unusual or complex legal needs. Prices may increase according to the complexity of the legal documents. While the prices of most of the legal services we provide are flat fees, there may be times when we will quote an hourly fee or additional per-item fee. All fees, whether flat, hourly, or itemized, will be communicated clearly to you in writing and no legal services will be performed until you have agreed to the fees.
When your business changes, it is important that you have the appropriate agreements and records to reflect the change. We can assist with the following and changes to your business:
- Corporate resolutions
- Adding or Removing Members or Stockholders
- Winding up an entity
- Amending a filing
- New employees or contract workers
Contract Development and Review
Contracts are a necessary part of every small business. Lawyers are trained to parse the legalese and identify issues non-lawyers may overlook.
We offer contract review at a flat rate. We will review your contracts for accurate reflection of agreed upon terms, inconsistencies, legal and/or business risks, and negotiating opportunities. The flat rate includes an initial discussion of your objectives, our review of the contract and preparation of a contract mark-up or a memo of identified issues, and a brief, final discussion of our comments and answer any remaining questions. Our review will help you decide whether to pursue the deal and give you the tools to negotiate effectively and with confidence.
Our firm can also assist in business contract drafting at a flat rate. Our flat rate includes an initial discussion of your objectives, a brief discussion of the finished contract, and one round of edits.
Contact us for a quote on our flat rates.
We have experience in reviewing and drafting the following agreements:
- Commercial Leases
- Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Noncompete Agreements
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Purchase/Sale Agreements